Through its affiliate organizations, the Elk Regional provides residents in a large geographic area with easy access to a broad spectrum of essential health care services. But Elk Regional is also critically important as an economic engine.
We provide stable employment for nearly 1,100 people close to home, including:
- 485 residents of St. Marys
- 143 residents of Ridgway
- 96 who live in Kersey
- 93 residents of Johnsonburg
- 37 who live in Emporium
- 244 who live elsewhere in our region
BY THE NUMBERS
Check out these factoids about our annual economic impact!
- Our annual economic impact is $141.1 million.
- Our 885 full-time equivalent employees enjoy an average annual salary of $46,922.
- Throughout the region, we support the employment of 1,503 people.
- Elk Regional spends $80 million annually.
- That annual expenditure supports another $61 million in local and regional spending.
It’s easy to see why a strong, vibrant community health system like Elk Regional is absolutely essential to the economic health of our region!